Here, at Flybery we take your privacy very seriously and we know that you care about how your personal data is used and shared. We are also customers ourselves and we really appreciate and respect how important privacy is. Therefore, our goal is to protect your data and process them in accordance to all existing laws, especially The General Data Protection Regulations, and also give you a comprehensive information on how we process and control your data as well as provide you with tools which enable you to exercise your rights.
If you have any questions about how we Protect Your Privacy, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO IS THE CONTROLLER OF YOUR DATA?
For the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is Flybery LTD.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Below, we explain how we use your information in detail, showing what we do, and why we do it.
- Email address and name – data which you provide for receiving our newsletter, which contains latest updates from us and product offers from our partners. Signing up is optional so we will only send you this information when we have your consent. We send you newsletters in order to keep you up to date with all new releases, the latest trends and the best offers from the market.
- Information about your device, and how you browse our website – information you give us when you browse our website, including your IP address and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as traffic data, how you use our website. That enables us to improve our website as well as present you our offer in a better manner, for example by presenting products from US-based stores to US users in a first instance. We do this in order to give you the best possible shopping experience.
- A record of the correspondence with us - if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence so we can provide you support. We do this in order to perform our contact with you and also, provide you with the best service from us.
- Responses to surveys, competitions and promotions - We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them. We can also ask you to join the competition but if we can’t use your entry, you can’t possible win, so we need to do this to perform our contact with you.
It is absolutely up to you whether you give us this personal information but please note that, if you don’t, you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. However, that is your choice – and we respect that.
In addition to the above, we also anonymise and aggregate personal information and use it for purposes including data analysis, improving our site, and developing new services. We also share this information with third parties.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party. However, we may disclose your personal information to the following categories of companies or in the following situations:
- any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- service providers for the performance of the Website Terms and Conditions we enter into with you, or any subsequent agreement we enter into with such service provider, such us hosting provider.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site.
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms and Conditions or other agreements.
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Flybery Ltd, the Site, our users and any third party we interact with to provide the Site.
Sharing your data outside the European Economic Area
As a rule, we will not transfer your data to third countries, i.e. countries outside the European Economic Area. We may do so only if the European Commission has issued a decision regarding an appropriate level of protection in that country, or we sign a contract with such an entity in accordance with the applicable standard data protection clause adopted by the European Commission or the appropriate supervisory authority.
MARKETING MESSAGES AND ADVERTS
If you have decided and agreed to receive our newsletter, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, to provide you with the news from us as well as new releases and offers from our partners. You have the right to withdraw your consent to receive our newsletter at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
We currently use MailChimp to deliver you with our newsletters. This means that MailChimp is also a processor of your data who collect (via sign-up forms), store your data (within our MailChimp account in order to allow us to create and use distribution lists, send marketing email campaigns and offers from our partners) on our behalf, and may transfer some personal data to certain MailChimp’s subprocessors.
How to stop marketing messages from Flybery.com
Please note, that you can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time. You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email you receive from us;
- By contacting us at email@example.com.
Once you do this, we will update our database to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Please note that, it might take a few days before we introduce the update, so you might get messages from us while we process your request.
Why you see adverts from Flybery online
Our Site displays interest based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our Site or services. Such “personalised” or “targeted” advertising is displayed to you based on information from activities on our Site.
We may work with other third parties advertising companies to show you adverts based on other websites you may have visited to show you more relevant and useful adverts. These third party companies may use third party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information. They may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or identifier for advertising (IDFA). We do not have access to or control over cookies or other technology that these third party advertising companies may use, and their practices are not covered by any of our policies. We recommend contacting them directly for further information.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data is kept secure and is kept for the duration of your use of our Site. We will also keep the data you used to sign up to our newsletter database as long as you want to receive emails from us and you don’t unsubscribe.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data when transmitted to the Site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your personal details change you may update them by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click into 'update your preferences' at the bottom of every email we send to you. If you have any questions about how we use data collected which relates to you, please contact us by sending a request by email to email@example.com.
According to The General Data Protection Regulation you have a lot of rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used – in case you have any questions on how and which data we process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing or other purposes;
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time;
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider;
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator — in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Read more about the individual cookies we use and how to recognize them by clicking here.
35-37 Ludgate Hill
London EC4m 7JN